Thursday, December 4, 2008

Game Night

Sunday evening we decided to have game night. I chose to play Rumicube and in spite of being the last one to lay down any tiles, I was the third first place winner. Vicki had gone first and she was the first first-place winner. Ben went out on the same turn and he was the second first-place winner and then I went out on the same turn followed by Spencer.

Spencer chose the next game and it was Twister. Now do you think that that is a sabbath appropriate game? Ben asked Vicki if she was going to change out of her dress and she said no. You see Vicki always does the spinner and calls the moves but, this time Spencer wouldn't let her. Spencer was the caller.

The game started with Vicki and Ben at the far ends and I was on the side in the middle. "Right foot green." I stepped across the mat.

"Left foot yellow." I moved my left foot by my right foot, Ben move his right foot up behind my right foot and Vicki took the spot right in front of her.

"Right Hand Yellow." Much like musical chairs you have to get to the empty spot quickly. I took the one yellow vacant spot between Vicki and me. Ben grabbed the spot behind his left foot leaving the only yellow spot available at the far end of the mat.

I looked back at the spot, smiling and wondering how Vicki was going to get there. Just then I heard a roar and felt myself rolling backwards into Ben sending him (and me) sprawling off the mat. Vicki demurely put her right hand down on the yellow spot and said. "I win."



TTFN

Ron

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Go Mom! Dad, I think your competitive spirit is rubbing off. Speaking of competition, I put a picture of my dorm window up on my blog. It's definitely winning.

Sylvia said...

heehee! Girl's rule!

Sounds like fun.

xxoo