Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nice Friends

Vicki developed a friendship with a scouter during our recent scout-expo experience. As they were talking, she happened to find out that he does repelling trips.  Vicki mentioned that Spencer needed to repel 30 feet to fill one of his camping merit badge reqirements and of course our new friend invited us along the next time he went.

This morning we got to his house and he was covered a few things regarding safety and the area to which we were going and then said "So you need to repel 30 feet.  30 feet; 150 feet what's the difference?"


Ben was already a pro from previous experience.


Spencer got to be quite the pro.


And Vicki?  What a mom!



I made it down a couple of times myself but camera duty called and I made sure that objective evidence for the merit badge counselor was recorded.

I hope that we can be nice friends like Loren is to us.


Aussie Style.  FAIR DINKUM!

TTFN
-Ron

3 comments:

ronda said...

Love, love, love it! Looks like you had a fun time, Way to go!

Tanielle said...

Love the red rock! How fun to go repelling there! I want a turn!

Vedel said...

I love Aussie style! Good job!