Sunday, October 11, 2015

Enos 1:27


And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen. Enos 1:27

I believe that once I calculated that 75 years on earth was the equivalent to 2 hours of God’s time (based on one day equals 1,000 years) and so it is not difficult for all of us to say that I soon go to the place of my rest.

What a pleasant thought that the place of my rest is with my redeemer for truly he has atoned for our sins and through his enabling the power of the atonement has borne our grief.  There isn’t a better word to use than Redeemer.

I love the idea that at that time, we will see his face with pleasure, and can you just imagine hearing him say “come unto me”, he has been planning for me all along, there is a place prepared in the mansions of His Father and my Father.  (Confer Matthew 11:28-30).


No comments: