Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break

Ben and Spencer had the great idea to go camping the first night of spring break.  Now this isn't the official boy scouts camping, its more like "Dad" camping.  They loaded the 4" thick foam cushions from the futon into the back of the Tahoe and Ben drove them up to the mountains. 

I was sitting in the family room the next morning when they came in about 8:30. 

A reliable source stated that when they got ready to go to bed, they discovered that Spencer forgot his sleeping bag.  Ben unzipped his bag and laid it over them like a blanket.  That was nice but, Spencer with about 0.2% body fat still got cold.  He would get as close as he could to a heat source (Ben) and his heat source would push him away; all night long.  When they got up and saw how cold it was in the morning, they climbed over the front seat, started the car up and headed home.

Like all true "Disciple of Dads" campers, they stopped at McDonald's to get a breakfast of soft serve ice cream cones. 

Yep!  The apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

I wish I had .2% body fat but I don't envy the desert cold....brrrrr. I love that they went camping in the car.

Katherine said...

How fun! I wish I could have been there. I'm so glad they went together.